Suggestion for Setup

I am new to JodoHost and moving from a Plesk (windows) hosting environment. due to unreliabilty of my old host, i am trying Jodo. anyways, H-Sphere at first to me is a little bit overwhelming. Here is my scenario: I own a small web-design/consulting firm and host several of my OWN websites along with several clients websites. I manage most of them, but some clients need FTP access and a control panel. From my understanding, if a client needs control panel access (to edit email accounts, etc) then, i have to set up a separate user for them. That is fine with me.

Here is where my confusion sets in. I have a service account setup with my service domain tcgwebhost.com. I was just notified by jodo host that if my service account gets over 30% full, then they will suspend it? So my question is this. do i ONLY put in my tcgwebhost.com domain under my service account plan? Should i also create two new plans (windows main plan and unix main plan) and put all of my domains underneath those (instead of the service account)? Since i have already used tcgwebhost.com as my service domain, does it matter which domain i sign up with first underneath my "Windows Main Plan" or "Unix Main Plan"?

Im curious as to how other resellers have their accounts set up. Im sure someone has a business similar to mine. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,
chris kirby

Just use more than one account to do this, it is to spread load among servers so that one account does not have tens of GB of content and bog a whole server for many users.

so is it ok to keep all of my unix domains in my service account (tcgwebhost.com) as long as they dont abuse the Terms? Then for my windows domains, i will just create a Windows plan (tcgwebhost.net) and put all of my windows accounts in there?

Yes, that will work, and in fact for the different platforms is required.

If you have a domain that you know/think may get large on files, you may want to start a 2nd account for the needed platform to contain this domain.

wow. great support. lets see, that took you all of 5 MINUTES to reply! thank you for the quick reply and i will continue to use jodo host now that i understand how the system works. thanks again and i look forward to my hosting with you guys!

Back