Suggestion: Programming Forums

I've noticed a lot of comments from JodoHost mentioning "We're administrators, not programmers...."

I suggest you start some sort of programming forums so members that have programming experience can trade tricks and tips on how to use ASP/CF/etc. with H-SPHERE.

I consider myself a junior CF programmer but I only have experience setting up on local servers. JodoHost is my first stab at a live remote production site and I know myself and others would benefit from a CF>JodoHost>H-SPHERE knowledge base. Especially now that you are heavily promoting your CF.

BTW: I think it's great that you are offering free CF hosting with all of your plans. It is the first I've seen to offer such a package. Now get your reseller plans going so we can all make some dough!

-Brent

Do you mean you'd like us to expand the "Web Development" forum to have separate forums for separate lanuagues?

Hmm, well, there is a forum for programming questions - just like Yash said. There are not too many posts about CF, but it is just because not many people use it here (I guess)

I am more talking along the lines of forum(s) that deal with using the different languages with JodoHosts server/hosting setup, not just general programming questions.

Most of the backend in CF is configured through the Admnistrator. Without access to it here, I've seen a few questions about how to configure datasources, etc.

Maybe just a FAQ thread in the web development forum for each language with items such as:

How to configure a MYSQL datasource with CF in the JodoHost environment...

I'll admit the suggestion is a bit selfish. If something like it already existed, it would save me a lot of time. But, it might save future JodoHost clients a lot of time, as well as the time of the admins answering/not answering the same question.

I'd also like to commend Yash and friends. You are more active in your support forums then most. But, especially with the increased business you'll have now with your CF hosting, a programming FAQ might save everybody time and allow Yash&F to continue their current level of support.

Again, not a big deal, it's more of a selfish request.

-Brent

Back