support - hello?

snooper

Perch
somethings up.... some of my tickets get answered unbeleivably fast, others i wait for ages....
are different issues directed to different folks?

if someone can check out for me these tickets: #14236, #14207 and this baby (stuck in the mid): #14269

thanks

yeah, thanks. but these were tickets i submitted straight by email.
i guess there really is an advantage to submitting thru the CP!

One of my tickets is 9 days old now, a relatively simple request to fix some entries on my secondary nameserver :(

subspace, your request was put on hold till wednesday because we will be updating DNS records as well as upgrading the control panel then

Alright :(

Edit: somebody went ahead and fixed most of the incorrect entries anyway, all except for one. That one isn't that important though, it can wait til wednesday ;)

Yash said:
we will be updating DNS records as well as upgrading the control panel then

what happened to waiting until all the bugs had been ironed out? This hasn't a chance of disrupting service does it?

yorri said:
What bugs ;)

don't be messing with me!! :D I don't know about anyone else, but I want some uninterputed service for a considerable period of time please! I've really put my neck on the line with my clients these last few days..

Yash - PLEASE - anything that might interfere with service and cause downtime, including control panel updates - could you PLEASE put off for now?

LegalAlien said:
don't be messing with me!! :D

*backing away* :D

LegalAlien said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I want some uninterputed service for a considerable period of time please! I've really put my neck on the line with my clients these last few days..

I would normally agree with you but we have been anticipating this upgrade for a long long long time and JH has been able to make updates before without issues. As long as they plan properly and make proper backup plans we should be ok.

LegalAlien said:
any idea where i can find out more about the changes in the update?

Of course :)

http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/upgrades/index.html

It's not in beta anymore.

The 2 big ones many of us are looking forward to are awstats (awesome stats program...my opinion of course) and windows sub ftp accounts but there are tons of other changes that are also supposed to improve useability which I am looking forward to seeing at least where billing is concerned.

LegalAlien said:
thanks - liking it - hope they can pull it off w/out a hitch!

Yeah me too but they have done hsphere upgrades before without problems.

It seems only when they moved servers and OS that they had problems (oh and raid failures too). hehe

Generally upgrades are easier than moving...because they don't have to run scripts or set up the servers again but then this isn't just a patch so it might be different...we would have to let Yash or someone from Psoft answer that one.

Either way, I can't wait to see the new features.

Yash said:
subspace, your request was put on hold till wednesday because we will be updating DNS records as well as upgrading the control panel then

and what about the poor guy who started this thread?? ;(

snooper - open another ticket with the IDs of the unaswered tickets. What happens sometime is that your ticket may have been accidently closed

HSphere 2.4 RC2 is going to be released on Tuesday. We'll be waiting to hear feed back from other hosts and then proceed with the upgrade on Wednesday night

Control panel updates have nothing to do with sight uptime.. It basically involves updating the control panel server and then performing updates to the HSphere modules on each of the other servers. These modules allow the control panel to communicate with these servers. HSphere 2.4 uses SOAP to communicate with the Windows servers. This is a major improvement and now we shouldn't have any issues where a server gets disconnected from the control panel

We've done updates before, never had a problem. And in the worst case scenario, you wouldn't be able to use the control panel for 24 hours. PSOFT makes updates pretty easy -
http://www.psoft.net/HSdocumentation/upgrades/24_rc1.html

I've read a little about the SOAP interface, it has led me to believe I could actually use it to automate a few tasks.
For example, when I create an account on one of my websites, it would be nice to be able to automatically create an e-mail forward to go along with the account.
What to send and how to authorize is all pretty much explained in the documentation, just not where to connect to for the exchange..

Did I understand that right, or is it only intended as an internal thing?

Back