Support nightmares

whityum

Guppy
Every time I post a support ticket, which seems to be required often as a site is mysteriously down or email won't send, I get your staff giving me the run around. I keep getting IP blacklisted by spamhaus errors.

I posted code samples and details clearly showing I'm sending mail through your actual SMTP mail account through the mail server, and they repeatedly tell me I must be sending it through the web server and that's why I get the error. Multiple replies to the same ticket with the same wrong answer, it's maddening.

Another time this happened they told me to reset the account's password which did nothing, they locked the account for some reason and had to unlock it.

Often replies to the ticket disappear.

Your staff needs to stop answering questions they don't understand and should escalate the problem to someone more technical.

Please let us know the support ticket id in reference. So we can check and try to help you.

OWZ-36370-984

also
ZOG-55609-651
was the other I was referring to.

Why do I not get a straight answer for what went wrong ever? It's always check it now with no response to my questions.

We replied to your support ticket OWZ-36370-984 and implemented a working phpmailer code .Kindly reply to that ticket regarding any issue.

Again with the run around, you're telling me I am not using correct code:
"You are not using the correct code because if you are using correct code the mail should sent via proper mail server and now in your case mail is sending via web server whose ip reputation is not good."

I've had this code in place since before 2011, it was always working, it did not work this morning, I put in that ticket, now it works and you give me this sideways answer. I am using this standard .net class (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.mail.smtpclient(v=vs.110).aspx .) with a login credential to send the mail, your mail server was blocking your web server from sending mail, and you fixed it. But to get you to fix it, I had to reply to the ticket 3 times. This is terrible customer service, own your mistakes.

whityum,

no change was made on the (mail) server side, but in any case the web server IPs will be listed from time to time on the CBL and xen list at spamhaus due to no rDNS entries. There may be a detail you can use to help, use port 587 for mail submission.

For whatever reason the php code was going at the same time the asp.net code you are using wasn't, so the working example was made to show it is working to send mail via smtp relay.

Back