Support Replies

GTHMPSN

Guppy
One of the best thinks about Jodohost is its support and what seam to be a quick response to most problems. Now and then it may take a while before you receive a reply that it has been fixed, but you usually get a reply that it is being looked into fairly quick.

And then there is this support forum which gives a lot of info.

What I am concerned about is when submitting a ticket and the issue has been corrected, support only replies with a "Please try it now" concept and doesn't provide me as a reseller the problem and how it was corrected. Not looking for tons of detail, I just need to let my clients know we are on top of things.

It's kind of the same way with Live Chat, the reply seems to always be "We are looking into it". My clients would like for me to give a little better response. Not a lot of detail just a general reply of where the problem exists.

Short story - Please provide more information about the problems and the solutions in the replies to reseller support tickets.

Glen

I agree with you. Jodo support has been, well, excellent! And I am very happy with them as a supplier. :D

But sometimes the customer asks me "what happened?" after it was fixed and I just shrug my shoulders.

A little detail would certainly help and I second your suggestion as postive feedback for jodo support team.

We do not neccesaary want a step by step of what was done.. but a brief text of why it happened and how it was fixed would go a long way in allowing resellers to better support their customers.

Even if the answer is.. "not sure, we rebooted".. it would be nice to know. 8)

QuietCalm

QC,

While I always do my best to provide details, others may not give the level of details that we do. Sometimes in ticekts we get back quick "so great, it is fixed now, what was it?" and Many times we will reply with the issue if it is explainable. Some things are just very hard to explain to a customer. Take for example my forum post on why supp.jodohost.com went down for some time, with an apache vhost change reverting back to hsphere vhost, instead of the one that we had configured, while I feel I did a pretty decent job of it, it can be hard to explain or just make another string of how and why questions that can make the techs life very hard. Sometimes the way is as simple as in the case of our forum change, hsphere re-wrote the apache config, it had been in place for literally years, but someone went to the control panel and hit the apply button on some setting change, this in turn took the apache config back to the non hand edited one.

This is completely normal and ok behavior, but it is hard to explain to a customer :)

Stephen said:
hsphere re-wrote the apache config...

...and we have corrected it. Please try it now.

See? :)

It's tempting to explain too much and spend too much time getting lost in detail. It's also important in a busy support operation to avoid getting involved in long conversations in email. Speaking for myself, I don't need or want a detailed explanation unless it was me that messed up, so I can avoid doing it again. Usually all I want to know is if it was something I can fix it myself in future without having to bother or wait for support to do it.

Perhaps it would help if support had a list of standard solutions they could pick from?

Select solution:

(1) It was hsphere's fault.
(2) It was our fault.
(3) There is no word for blame in our language.
(4) It was your fault, but we're not holding it against you.
(5) It was your fault, and we are holding it against you.
(6) Look, a wookie!

Bro,

While I do understand where you are coming from, this doesnt happen with many people, they want details.

However the part on if you could fix or if it required an admin is a good point. I will see what we can do there.
Some problems however could be a customer trying to do something that hsphere does different then the other market products, and in turn it made an error(redirects are what I see this most with)

Back