System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied

hi i am vasu,

i am debugging my asp.net application , i got this error message.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Source Error:

Line 523:
Line 524: Try
Line 525: cn.Open()
Line 526: cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure
Line 527: SqlCommandBuilder.DeriveParameters(cmd)

Source File: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MoneyTransfer\Components\DataAccess\SQLHelper.vb Line: 525

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.]
System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction) +484
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction) +372
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open() +384
MoneyTransfer.DataAccessLayer.SqlHelperParameterCache.DiscoverSpParameterSet(String connectionString, String spName, Boolean includeReturnValueParameter, Object[] parameterValues) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MoneyTransfer\Components\DataAccess\SQLHelper.vb:525
MoneyTransfer.DataAccessLayer.SqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSet(String connectionString, String spName, Boolean includeReturnValueParameter) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MoneyTransfer\Components\DataAccess\SQLHelper.vb:637
MoneyTransfer.DataAccessLayer.SqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSet(String connectionString, String spName) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MoneyTransfer\Components\DataAccess\SQLHelper.vb:609
MoneyTransfer.DataAccessLayer.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MoneyTransfer\Components\DataAccess\SQLHelper.vb:209
MoneyTransfer.Global.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\MoneyTransfer\Global.asax.vb:171
System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
System.Web.HttpApplication.RaiseOnError() +157

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.573

i was set connectionstring in my web.config file like this

<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=localhost\siddhu; Database=testing_moneytransfer;Password=testing;user id=testing;"/>

The connection string should be like this

<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=204.10.105.253;uid=myuserid;password=mypassword;database=mydatabase"/>

Where 204.10.105.253 is the IP address which corresponds to the SQL Server you are using on Jodo. You can find what yours is from your Control Panel.

Right now, your connection string is just pointing to your SQL Server on your local development machine.

Cheers,

Where 204.10.105.253 is the IP address which corresponds to the SQL Server you are using on Jodo.
Actually, I prefer to use the URL (e.g. mssqln.mydomain.com) just in case the IP address happens to change, which evidently occurred here not too long ago.

my application & sqlserver in same machine .

i have changed my connection string as u suggested.still the same error message i got.

Is this hosted with us, is all of the data correct?

If it is with us, feel free to send a ticket and one of the techs will check the connection string for you.

This is purely a shot in the dark, but I notice you don't include the Initial catalog parameter. Also, make certain that the user ID and password are correct and that you are using SQL authentication and not Windows authentication.

i have resolved this problem , i did a mistake in connection string,
<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=SIDDHU; Database=testing_moneytransfer;Password=testing;user id=testing;"/>
i feel sorry for giving in conviniance to all

We all have brain storms sometimes and can't see what's staring us in the face. An ocupational hazard! Glad you sorted it out. ;)

PLEASE HELP :Server Error in '/sample' Application

Hello,
PLEASE HELP
I am a beginner in .NET. I wanted to know why this error exists.
i want to display the tables in server in my web application remotly.
i gave a windows server authentication and my connection through the data adapter.where "source name=DEVSERVER"
i wrote the following command in the load_page.

sqlDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet11);
DataGrid1.DataBind();

Server Error in '/sample' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Source Error:

Line 100: private void Button1_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
Line 101: {
Line 102: sqlDataAdapter1.Fill(dataSet11);
Line 103: DataGrid1.DataBind();
Line 104:

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\sample\webform1.aspx.cs Line: 102

Stack Trace:

[SqlException: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.]
System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction)
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction)
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillFromCommand(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
sample.WebForm1.Button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\sample\webform1.aspx.cs:102
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Hello Every One,

Me new to this site ,

I am also getting the same error

on one of my friends system he is using sql server express

2005 and he did log on using windows authentication as he

forgot uid and pwd to enter in sql server authentication

and i did changes in the web.config file as

<add key="value" value="server=servername;uid=;pwd=;Database=Databasename" />

and when i run the program i am getting an error as sql server does not exits and also

Login failed for user ''. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.

and some time no user by ASPNET

so can u plz help me in this problem wating for ur reply.

Regards

Back