"Test" databases on mysql servers

skypanther

Exalted Code Master!
When I log into the MySQL server via phpMyAdmin, there's always a "Test" database in addition to my client's main DB. Sometimes, the database is empty. Other times, there are a bunch of tables with data.

<Admin edit- No need to post data in public that doesn't belongs to you>

What's up with these? I didn't put those databases or data there. My clients in these cases are computer-novices who rely on me for everything with their site. So, I know they didn't.

With the recent SQL injection attacks, plus the hacks that have been successful against a couple of my client's CMS-driven sites, I'm a little edgy about unknown items showing up.

Thanks,
Tim

You can ignore the database. It is purely for testing purposes and available to all MySQL users. Probably that is what one of the clients did.

Is the same "Test" DB available to all Jodo users? None of my clients are savvy enough to have done anything with this database.

Tim

Is the same "Test" DB available to all Jodo users? None of my clients are savvy enough to have done anything with this database.

Yes. There is one such DB on each MySQL server and available to all users there.

Back