There is no dedicated IP available. Please contact your administrator.

I'm getting the following error when I try to switch to a dedicated IP:

"There is no dedicated IP available. Please contact your administrator."

I had the same problem when I signed up for the ValueCF plan by mistake and it was solved in 1 minute once I posted in the forum, this time I submitted 2 tickets yesterday morning and night and none has been even answered. The ticket #'s are 28504 and 28525. The first one looks like it has been closed now.

This is keeping me from getting started.

Dedicated IPs must be added to the machines, if we have used the allocation we depend on the datacenter to assign IP addresses before we can asign them for use with a customer. You can upload and download, and even preview website using a shared IP and instant alias.

Thanks for the reply.

A couple days ago I signed up for the ValueCF plan by mistake and added a dedicated IP to it, then had my account switched to Value Windows plan.

The IP for the old plan (64.156.223.193) is still registered under my account on the IP database, could you please add that one to my server and assigned it to my site?

Thanks

<edit>btw. is there any way to change my account login? i didn't knew it was case sensitive and entered it on uppercase when I registered now I keep having to enter it twice.</edit>

I did reply, it takes time. That IP has already become to be in use by someone else. The IP database it not linked to hsphere, it is an external application.

I will send an email to the staff on duty now to look into the issue, but procurring more IPs can take a while sometimes.

Well it has already been 3 days since I was told it would take 24-48 hours. What is going on?

I find it hard to believe that it would take so long to get an IP, sounds more like someone isn't doing all you can/should do.

I was under the understanding maheep or rajneesh had fixed this long long ago, I gave them the link here and said for them to take care of it. As I do not handle the IP issues unless there are conflicts.

The root of the issue here is that when we free an IP, you haveto jump on it, if you don't another customer/reseller will.

Now back to this Access to MSSQL conversion that is not going well.

Sorry, but an IP already assigned to another server may not be assigned to an other server as we have a limited number of Ips and those are divided on various servers as per the number of sites on each server due to which the IP you had for the wincf plan may not be assigned to your domain, now on Win5. Another reason is that the IP may be assigned to someone else by that time. We have assigned a new IP to your domain.

Back