"There is not enough space on the disk."

pixuk

Guppy
I've have a thumbnailing script that I've been using on my site for some time now, using and .aspx file to read in the requested image, resize it, and binary write out the thumbnail direct to the client's browser. It's worked fine until within the last 24 hours or so, it's started throwing up the error; "There is not enough space on the disk." I suspect this probably doesn't really mean there isn't enough space on the disk, however!

The thing that is making this tricky to pin down is that there is an exact copy of the script in another one of my domains running on the same server (win19) which works fine.

I'm at a bit of a loss. Any suggestions?

HSphere tells me "1971.74 MB used out of 6000 MB in unlimited files" - so looks like there's plenty of FTP limit left. I can also still upload files using FTP, so not sure that would be the problem.

odd, I checked the only server even within 4GB of being "out of space" and it was just fine submit a ticket regarding this.

it may be iisreset is needed for some reason.

Here's the full error. Having checked my other .aspx files, this happens with all of them, not just the thumbnailer (but only in one domain - other domains on the same server / under the same account are fine);

Server Error in '/' Application.

There is not enough space on the disk.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during compilation using the CodeDomProvider 'Microsoft.VisualBasic.VBCodeProvider'. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.IOException: There is not enough space on the disk.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[IOException: There is not enough space on the disk.
]
System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) +723
System.IO.FileStream.WriteCore(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) +134
System.IO.FileStream.FlushWrite() +55
System.IO.FileStream.Flush() +39
System.IO.FileStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing) +55
System.IO.FileStream.Close() +17
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.FromDomBatch(CompilerParameters options, CodeCompileUnit[] ea) +383
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.FromDom(CompilerParameters options, CodeCompileUnit e) +90
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CodeCompiler.System.CodeDom.Compiler.ICodeCompiler.CompileAssemblyFromDom(CompilerParameters options, CodeCompileUnit e) +37
System.Web.Compilation.BaseCompiler.GetCompiledType() +227

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2300

Back