Thunderbird configuration

Hi, I couldn't configure my Thunderbird to use my email account. Is there a page which explains it? I entered my SMTP server etc.. and it is asking me password when I want to receive emails and when I enter it it says: authorization failed...

Is there a problem about ports?

I use thunderbird all the time, make sure the username is the full email addressand not just the username.

Ok, I can now receive emails :) but I can't send emails :( it says "Connected to mail.canol.info" and freeze there then alerts "Can't connect to SMTP server".

Go to Tools, Account Settings, on the left side click SMTP (Outgoing) server.

On the right pane, make sure the send username and password box is checked, then click OK, send the mail(it wil ask for a password, you can choose to save it if you want).

If it still does not work after that, you will need to go back to the same place and put outgoing port 587, as your ISP may be blocking port 25.

Hello again,

I asked today whether the ports are closed and they said that 25. port is open. I tried my Gmail account and saw that it works perfect. Then I tried my Jodo mail account via Outlook and saw that it can sent emails but after waiting for 1-2 minutes, it even alerts "Couldn't connect to SMTP server.".

I think there is a problem with Jodo mail server, it is too slow that my Thunderbird can't send mail and Outlook and Eudora can after waiting 1-2 minutes.

Can anybody do something?

I have sent atleast 10 emails with no problem today, and have not seen any other reported issues.

It works fine here (with Eudora). I'm not exactly sure what could be wrong.

Is POP/IMAP working?
I think support recently added a secondary IP address to the mailserver to diagnose another mailserver problem a particular customer was having. You might want to contact support and try to connect using that IP.

SubSpace said:
It works fine here (with Eudora). I'm not exactly sure what could be wrong.

Is POP/IMAP working?
I think support recently added a secondary IP address to the mailserver to diagnose another mailserver problem a particular customer was having. You might want to contact support and try to connect using that IP.

Hmmm, ok, I will try it. Actually I can't decide where is the problem because I don't have much technical knowledge and my universities internet have a lot of problems...

Back