Ticket Open For Almost 2 Months Not Yet Solved.

relisol

Perch
TICKET # CEY-16221-926 HAS BEEN OPENED SINCE Tue May 31 2005 11:51PM AND THE SUPPORT IDIOTS KEEP TELLING ME THAT IS FIXED!

ALSO XML.REBELLIONMUSIC.COM IS DOWN, I CANNOT WAIT TO MONTHS FOR THAT SO FIX IT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT.! I CAN'T WAIT 2 MONTHS FOR THIS!

relisol,

you named the folders _name, which makes them be hidden, I have unhidden them yet again, your best option is to enabled show hidden files in your FTP client, the files are all there. When you reupload them using the frontpage, visual studio, or dreamweaver, they will most likely move to being hidden again, it is because of the name you chose.

As for the being down, you have no files in the classes folder you reference, and the codebehind file referenced does not exist, so the page and service don't work.

relisol said:
TICKET # CEY-16221-926 HAS BEEN OPENED SINCE Tue May 31 2005 11:51PM AND THE SUPPORT IDIOTS KEEP TELLING ME THAT IS FIXED!

ALSO XML.REBELLIONMUSIC.COM IS DOWN, I CANNOT WAIT TO MONTHS FOR THAT SO FIX IT AND LET ME KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT.! I CAN'T WAIT 2 MONTHS FOR THIS!

What is the point of your post. If you need some help with something, why don't you post the details of your problems? I am quite sure that support isn't just ignoring your problem.

It is becuase the problem has been resolved, but keeps happening whenever he uploads, because of the file names. I am just trying to help out, we don't ignore problems, but this is the software working by design, just not the way he wants :)

relisol said:

Your ticket may be open since May 31st, but our team has responded to each of your questions in under 60 minute. Most of the responses are in 20 minutes.. There are at least several responses to your ticket.

Saying that we haven left your ticket unanswered for 2 months and calling our support team "idiots" will not help your cause here on this forum

Stephen said:
you named the folders _name, which makes them be hidden, I have unhidden them yet again, your best option is to enabled show hidden files in your FTP client, the files are all there. When you reupload them using the frontpage, visual studio, or dreamweaver, they will most likely move to being hidden again, it is because of the name you chose.

This is the first time I get such an explanation, I can post all the ticket replies if you want... The reply I got after a few minutes was asking for my username and password, I provided them on Fri Jun 10 2005 03:51PM and didn't get a reply until until Fri Jun 10 2005 11:03PM (that's about 8 hours as opposed to 20 mins). Saying it was fixed, the I went to live chat and they didn't had an idea and say they would get back at me but never did, I reopened the ticket and the process began all over again I was asked for "more time".

Now is the first time I heard your explanation and they do not show as hidden on the cp. I also upload the same project using the same method to other servers and that doesn't happen so I didn't thought of it just like your support staff didn't everytime they asked for more time!

As for the being down, you have no files in the classes folder you reference, and the codebehind file referenced does not exist, so the page and service don't work.

Not true, what you and your staff didn't knew is that when you're missing a reference you get an ASP.NET error (unless custom errors are enable) not a "Server could not be found error." like I as getting and also your support staff (actually what he first told me is that I was trying to access a blank page since he look at the files and only saw the assebly reference and didn't knew what it was).

We also tried to access an HTML page and that wouldn't display either, so we got to the point that he didn't knew what to do and told me to open a ticket, then all of the sudden they must have restarted iis or something but it started working.

I got the chat conversations and all the tickets and can post them so please don't try to make it look like it was my fault and try to make it better instead.

The website began getting slower gradually all morning until it became inaccessible, I couldn't even access it through frontpage extensions (vs.net) so it wasn't a problem with my code.

We been having this problem on and off ever since you had the big dns problem and only with that sub-domain. Sometimes it can be accessed from one location and not another. But it's a constant thing with that domain only, and with different ISPs.

Could you confirm that my actual dns configuration is exactly what I can see on my cp? (there might still be an old record causing problems).

You know the cp is often wrong like in the case on the hidden files above.

relisol said:
We also tried to access an HTML page and that wouldn't display either, so we got to the point that he didn't knew what to do and told me to open a ticket, then all of the sudden they must have restarted iis or something but it started working.

The website began getting slower gradually all morning until it became inaccessible, I couldn't even access it through frontpage extensions (vs.net) so it wasn't a problem with my code.

We been having this problem on and off ever since you had the big dns problem and only with that sub-domain. Sometimes it can be accessed from one location and not another. But it's a constant thing with that domain only, and with different ISPs.

You think we restarted IIS and the html page started working? Isn't that assuming too much? HTML pages will never be affected by slow speeds or 99% of the issues on a Windows server

You are really the only customer on this forum that is pointing to constant issues with your site on this forum. Blaming your host for everything and anything that happens with it is not fair.

Stephen has given you an explanation on your issue and when he is on shift in the morning, he'd give you another one.

Yash said:
You think we restarted IIS and the html page started working? Isn't that assuming too much?

You should know that if the service stops responding or hangs then yes it would. That should actually be the first thing to try, it fixes this sort of problem 99% of the time.
Why would that be assuming too much?

<edit>An many things can cause such problem even a bug in my own application or someone's else app, but regardless of what caused it it still your responsibility to fix it as once the server hangs and I can't connect it's out of my hands.

The entire server will never stop responding. Occasionally ASP may hang due to bad code, or dynamic page execution may slow down due to resource abuse (again this happens very occasionally) but HTML pages will continue to function.

Restarting IIS or the server is not our default response to any issue.

relisol said:
I provided them on Fri Jun 10 2005 03:51PM and didn't get a reply until until Fri Jun 10 2005 11:03PM (that's about 8 hours as opposed to 20 mins). Saying it was fixed, the I went to live chat and they didn't had an idea and say they would get back at me but never did.

Please check your ticket center, almost all replies are within 60 minutes. Yes, there are a few responses that could have taken longer, but really some issues cannot be resolved immediately due to their nature.

Live Chat isn't always the best place for support as I've said. Certain issues need to be handled by ticket given the complexity of the issue.

It is possible to write code that will cause the entire IIS service to hang very quickly and knock all sites in it offline, even non asp sites, I could post one line of code that will do so easily.

It also can happen on just 1 site or all ASP.NET sites only but either way rebooting iis will fix it.

If you're telling me you didn't tried to reboot the service then you should have.

Regardless of whether you guys rebooted IIS or not I don't know, only I said I think you did. I just know it came back up on it's own all of the sudden (sometimes processes stop responding an recover themselves on it's own or maybe the iis recycle tool did it if it's installed) but the website was completely unavailable, that is why Deeppak told me to open a ticket and they would look at it cause he had no idea!

I see now why you say my website is missing a dll, you've been looking at the wrong page, there is one webservice that is missing a reference but it's an old page that should have been deleted and is never used, I had sent a direct link to one of the webservices over live chat, not that page.

Back