transferring to another server

last thursday i began the process of having my sites moved from win5 to win12. I was told that it only takes 24 hours for the process. its now tuesday and my sites are still down.
how long does this process REALLY take?

yeah..the content move is done...but my sites are still hosed.
i'm pretty sure its a permissions issue, because all of my sites are dnn2 sites. this process did not go well.
i'll submit a ticket for the permissions.

submitted ticket a while ago. not sure thats going to fix the problem.
if anyone entertains any ideas of moving to another server in jodohost - think again!
especially if you have multiple domains. the process is not user friendly and you WILL have considerable downtime.

ASP and statis pagesmove flawlessly,sounds like the DNN sites did not move so well.

i'm guessing the sites are screwed now. no indication from jodohost that anybody is actually working on it now. i did receive one reply that I should "check my web.config" file. which is not going to fix my problem, because the only thing that changed is the server location. the only dynamic entry in my config file is the sql server connection string. that didnt change. the sites worked fine before the move and now they're crashed.
guess i should start thinking about relocating. that'll suck.

well i've been on "LiveChat" hold for about a half hour now.
I'm to the point now where another hosting company is the only option.
all the sites are down and jodohost is definitely not in a hurry to get them back up. despite the fact that it was their idea to switch me to win12.
this is crap.

I got it all fixed for you, you moved from windows 2000 to 2003, config files/permissions had to be modified to reflect that.

Back