Unable to upload large size files in asp.net

tauseef

Guppy
Hi everyone,

I have developed an web page in asp.net which lets users to upload files to server. If the file size is less than 5mb, it works fine. But whenever the file size increases more than 5mb i mean to 10mb or 25mb, it does not work. Can anybody help me out of this problem

TAM

The other possibility is you're getting a script timeout error. In ASP you change Server.ScriptTimeout = #seconds. Not sure what it is for .NET.

hay guys,

thanks for replying my post. But let me tell you one thing, i have uploaded upto 30MB using same page but problem is that page do not gives any confirmation message to viewer but it uploads after some time. sometime my user got timeout errors on this page but their files being uploaded. i cannot understand where to make changes.

Hi,

This is not an issue with Jodohost. If you are using ASP.NET than that's the problem. There is a 4 MB cap by default and you can change this cap by editing your web.config

<httpRuntime executionTimeout="1800" maxRequestLength="400000" />

This allows 400 MB file upload.

pakoda, thanks for that - I didn't know there was a web.config setting as well as the server-wide setting for uploads.

tauseef, I suggest you try uploading a big file yourself and see if there is an error message returned by the browser.

Back