Under Construction

Dear Customer Service Representative!
My site is not ready yet.How can I stop "Under Construction", then people looking at my site? I would like to have a regular
The page cannot be displayed

displayed, then someone entered my site.

Than you in advanse,Alfred Yomtov.

Yash said:
What is your website/domain
Open a ticket if you want this to be private
It does not matter that website/domain it is!
It is a general question related to my site and completly independent from it to which ( as JodoHost client ) I need the answer.
Again the question is:
"My site is not ready yet. How can I stop "Under Construction" , then people looking at my site? I would like to have a regular

"The page cannot be displayed"

message, then someone entered my site."

Regards,Alfred Yomtov.

You are quite the rule fellow, Alfred. These people are here to help -- you should assume their questions are a necessary aspect in answering your question. After all, you're the one who doesn't know how to accomplish this, not them. Maybe they need to know the name of your domain in order to lookup your account to see if you have a special option which will automatically do what you want?
As for me, I'm just a client, so I can answer your question like this: Ask nicely and you shall receive a nice answer. :)
-Dave

The "Under Construction" error message appears when there is a DNS configuration error. That's why I need to know your domain at the very least to look into this. Please open a ticket if you want to keep your domain private.

Please keep personal spats in private messages or email. They don't belong here
This is a public forum and we'd like it to be as friendly as possible to everyone :)

Yash said:
Please keep personal spats in private messages or email. They don't belong here
This is a public forum and we'd like it to be as friendly as possible to everyone :)

I agree.

Come on Dave, those comments you made were a little bit too ugly :)

WineIsGood said:
Really? Gee, and I thought vulgarity would have won the outcast vote.
-Dave

I should learn some from you. My boss been pushing me around too much :) Or maybe all I need to is buy one of those wines you feature on your site ;)

WineIsGood said:
Really? Gee, and I thought vulgarity would have won the outcast vote.
-Dave

I, for one, thought your reply was appropriate and well stated. The only thing that I found discouraging in your post (now censored) was the part that said you would refrain from posting such replies in the future.

Yash, that is absolutely the funniest thing I've ever heard you say.
Why don't we turn this into a positive thread...:
Speaking of "under construction" notices, have you seen any good 404 pages I can model after? Once, I saw a 404 page that looked like the back of a milk container -- a parody on the "missing child" postings commonly seen on the back of milk containers here in the US, except this was a "missing page" posting. Funny and helpful!
-Dave

check this out: http://www.homestarrunner.com/systemisdown.html

Its my favorite cartoon.

-Jason

WineIsGood said:
Yash, that is absolutely the funniest thing I've ever heard you say.
Why don't we turn this into a positive thread...:
Speaking of "under construction" notices, have you seen any good 404 pages I can model after? Once, I saw a 404 page that looked like the back of a milk container -- a parody on the "missing child" postings commonly seen on the back of milk containers here in the US, except this was a "missing page" posting. Funny and helpful!
-Dave

Back