Under the Gun

zardiw

Perch
reseller center has just issued an ultimatum to me....first they were going to shut down my accounts immediately, but now they have decided to grant me 45....make that 41 hours now to move all my accounts....

I'm asking if someone can tell me how to FTP directly, without having to wait for domain/nameserver propagation.....is this possible.....I tried to log onto web2.m****here.biz directly with my user/pw, but it won't let me log in......do you all use passive FTP or not?

HELP!!!!.........thx..........z

PS...I've got 2 TT's open but am not getting any response.......I guess I'm not the only one scrambling.......lol........z

Don't know why it bleeped that.....

web2.lighthouselane.com is aliased to web2.myh s p here.biz

z

When you signed up for the reseller account, didn't you receive the temporary dns name along with the ftp address?

Richard M.

Your best bet is to download everything from RC, all sites, all databases, document the billing data (print hardcopy). BTW, if you need to see entire credit card numbers of your clients, use charge log from reports under admin account. Then setup your service at jodo entirely, go to your registrar and modify your DNS host to point at DNS servers at jodo. Don't be afraid, the DNS propagation is almost instanteneous nowadays. It may help if you restart you computer or run ipconfig /flushdns. I noticed that computers tend to cache dns data longer than actual DNS servers outthere. If you need to go back to RC, you can always reset the Base Reseller CP URL under reseller account, so it goes back to something.something.hsphereweb.com. That way you can still access your accounts going through admin accounts, listing them using search option and clicking on the login icon. If by any chance you need still access the ftp accounts, assign them dedicated ip and go by ip address.

BTW, what did you do to deserve ultimatum? Or maybe they are shutting down now and asking everyone to leave asap? I really hate seeing what's going on there.

I mentioned jodohost once too many times on the forum. Only twice actually.....lol...

I've got everything downloaded already...did that a few days ago, just in case....

I'm having problems connecting with FTP, using Dreamweaver.

What is the FTP Host? I'm using web2.lighthouselane.com which is supposedly my FTP server allias.

Using /hsphere/local/home/zajusr435/ as the host directory, where zajusr435 is my user name

user/pw is zajusr435, *********

It won't connect..................

PS. Tech support must be really swamped with refugees.....I've had TT's open for hours with no response...........z

rmethod said:
When you signed up for the reseller account, didn't you receive the temporary dns name along with the ftp address?

Richard M.

It's not displaying that info when I create an account for some reason.....and reseller center is bouncing all my emails, Iguess........is that info somewhere in the control panel???.........z

I never used Dreamweaver, so I am not sure, but I was setting up similar program for someone once. So try this:

To start try to open browser window and connect to the address:

ftp://lighthouselane.com

then try to log in. This test will tell you whether your ftp accounts is accessible at this address and which server is the name resolving to: the one at RC or the one at jodo.

I think in dreamweaver you should enter just lighthouselane.com as the address (not sure if it requires 'ftp://'). As the as the host directory you need to enter the name of you domain name. Please notice, that when you connect via ftp in the browser first thing you see is the folder with the domain name. You want dreamweaver to get into that folder when it makes the ftp connection, so as the directory enter just the domain name.

Does it make sense? Maybe some other Dreamweaver user can give you more specific answer.

Please let me know your TT #s and i will look into them right away.
You can contact us via Live-chat too.

Check the control panel for your FTP username.
As far as I know, FTP user names are truncated to 8 characters, so it would differ from your control panel login.
web2.m****here.biz should work.

(it's censored to prevent the URL from showing up on search engines for resellers who try to be anonymous)

Ok...I've been busier than a 9 tailed cat in a room fulla rockin' chairs, but here's an update:

FTP is now working, my sites seem to be alive on the web.

The only issue I now have is that email is a bit flaky.

Btw, reseller-center terminated my accounts this morning and they are no longer accessible thru ftp.....luckily I have 90% of it so I guess I can live with that.

On the email issue, supposedly I have duplicate MX-A records...is this something that will resolve itself thu propagation, or is there something I need to do.......Here's a DNS report link...maybe somebody can give me info on that:

http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=lighthouse57.com

Thanks all...............z

zardiw said:
The only issue I now have is that email is a bit flaky.
On the email issue, supposedly I have duplicate MX-A records...is this something that will resolve itself thu propagation, or is there something I need to do.......Here's a DNS report link...maybe somebody can give me info on that:

http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=lighthouse57.com

Thanks all...............z

Yes, it looks like dnsreport has the old IPs cached.

Back