Unresponsive H-sphere

carut

Guppy
Everytime i try and click on something or try to do something, the link is bad and it takes forever to even load that. Is there an outage? I need to trun ASP on and it wont even do that.

Loading pretty quick for me if you are talking about the new CP.
Anyone else facing similar problems?

My ASP.NET website is running slow tonight. Very slow. My ASP site is working fine. This is unusual for JodoHost.

brawney said:
My ASP.NET website is running slow tonight. Very slow. My ASP site is working fine. This is unusual for JodoHost.

The ASP.NET portion of my site is down. No errors - browser just sits there spinning. The ASP portion of my site works fine.

I opened a high priority trouble ticket.

atulkumar said:
Support looked at your site and responded. Please reply to them.

I checked and there is no response from them in the ticket system. My site is working much better right now but still a little slow at times.

mine is still very slow. I am trying to register a domain right now and it is VERY VERY slow. Also, when i try and enable ASP.net and ASP, it does the same thing...

Yash said:
Are you on the new or old servers? I'm looking into this now
When are you seeing this slowness?

Yash, my site is running fine today. Back to it's quick/zippy JodoHost speeds. :p

I never did receive a reply to my ticket last night, but it's working now so what the heck.

My site was slow just serving up ASP.NET pages. Most of it was just html with a page counter. No real database activity, mainly html pages.

Brawney, I do not see your ticket in our ticket queue. What's your ticket ID?
We're looking into this slowness isse with ASP.NET

We found out why ASP.NET is slow
Its 9:58PM server time and ASP.NET has been sustaining CPU usage of about 98% for the last 5 minutes. CPU usage is at 100%. Obviously somebody is abusing this server and we're looking into it. Has less than 100 active sites

We have controlled CPU usage and are closely monitoring that server. Let me know if you feel any other slowness on win1 at any point of time

Yash said:
Brawney, I do not see your ticket in our ticket queue. What's your ticket ID?
We're looking into this slowness isse with ASP.NET

My ticket ID was 455. As I said, it is working fine now. Even before you found the problem (your post above) it was working fine. My slowdown was only for an hour or so the other night around 9:09pm on 12/18 (thats the time showing on the ticket). It seemed to get much faster just moments after opening the ticket.

We were able to locate one website responsible for high CPU usage. Was yet another person with heavy traffic and MS Access as backend

We noticed ASP.NET CPU usage peaks at around 9PM server time. We'll try locating the website responsible for it

hmm, I use MS Access as backend for one of my website. I'm worried it may be causing high usage. Get's about 700 visits a month. Do I have to worry?

The site we're talking about got 40,000 page views yesterday. Every page is an MS Acces request. Think you should be safe.

But I do however recommend customers to use MS SQL if they can. It shifts load away from our web servers to the database server.

I wanted to shift one high-traffic site of mine to you. Get's around 3000 visits a day but it uses MS SQL. Would it be a problem?

We have plenty of high-traffic sites. Only a small fraction cause CPU or memory usage problems. As long as your code is clean and efficient and you are running a good backend (like MS SQL), you'd be OK.

Back