Update tables in Enterprise Manager

Can you paste information directly into a SQL database using Enterprise Manager?

I have a few things that I don't want to retype so it would be good if I can just copy them from my old Access database table and paste them into my SQL database.

Thanks,

Adam

jegesmaci said:
Can you paste information directly into a SQL database using Enterprise Manager?

I have a few things that I don't want to retype so it would be good if I can just copy them from my old Access database table and paste them into my SQL database.

Couple of ways you can do this -

First you can use Enterprise Manager (assuming you're using the disk tool, not a web tool) to import the data from your Access database directly into your new SQL Server database. To do this, connect to the Jodohost database, right click on the database, select All Tasks -> Import. There's a wizard that you can use from there.

Alternately you could write out a series of SQL commands (INSERT INTO...) and create a reusable template of the data if it is something that you will use in a number of different databases. This may take more time up front but can be a real time saver if you need the data set again.

You can also use the Upsizing Wizard in Access to export the table and structure to SQL Server. Not sure if it upsizes to an existing table. I have not tried that.

Back