Uploading files without a component

antic

Perch
Hi all,

Attached is a version of FreeASPUpload which I modified to get around the built-in Win2003 upload limit of 200k. I believe Jodo ups the limit to 20MB so it shouldn't be a problem in most cases. However this code is handy if you don't want to use a component, or want to customise the upload process for your own purposes. Feel free to use this code.

Please don't remove the comments at the top, as it credits the original developer. :)

Cheers

Attachments

• _ASPUpload.zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 131
Antic,

Send me a link to download it and I will modify the link to download from our servers after downloading it once from you.
Edit : DOH this is an old thread, I will PM antic and see if this is still available

My 2 cents worth -
Its better to use a component than a script IMHO - Persists works great if u r on shared plans. On VPS I have used chestysoft's component, quite good and cheap too.
;)
The ASP script based upload will suck up the server resources fast. Its good if u do not have regular uploads.

Cheers
Yogi

The ASP script based upload will suck up the server resources fast. Its good if u do not have regular uploads.
Not to disagree but I have an enterprise application running off an in-house script I built for uploading images, the only component it uses is ASPJpeg to optimise the images but the whole upload is done via a VBScript class library I built. The enterprise application is question uploads approx 1000+ images a day, over the course of a 7.5 hour working day that is 133 images processed per hour. The server isn't high spec and I have never seen it break a sweat processing these images and loading them into a database using the ADO.Stream object.
Just make sure you configure the application pool for your application correctly.

Back