Using Export wizard to move from dev to production

Sailor

Perch
I've been developing a site on my testing server and now need to move the SQL database to my client's Jodo account on MSSQL12.
On my dev server I start the Import/Export wixard, but it fails with the message "Could not allocate a new page for database because of insufficient disk space in filegroup PRIMARY"

But I've just set up the new db on MSSQL12 and it should be currently empty. Can anyone suggest how I get around this? Also, the table I'm trying to import is tiny, just 50 rows.

thanks

that nromally means the DB is too small, what size was the Db you made? I normally recommend at least 25mb or even most minimal data will fill it up.

It looks like it's 4Mb - I just accepted the defaults during setup. Here's what it currently tells me:
Database/Transaction Log file quota ratio 50 %
Used database file 4.19 MB out of 5.00 MB
Used transaction log file 0.49 MB out of 5.00 MB
Used total 4.680000000000001 MB out of 10 MB

I see a control to increase transaction log size - what should I set in there?

Ok, got it. The 2nd time around I put in 25mb it increased to 12, for some reason.
The export completed, but for some reason I still can't see my table in SQL Server Server Management Studio. However, if I run a query, the data is there. All I see is System Databases.

Ok, got it. The 2nd time around I put in 25mb it increased to 12, for some reason.
The export completed, but for some reason I still can't see my table in SQL Server Server Management Studio. However, if I run a query, the data is there. All I see is System Databases.

That is normal, you have to send a ticket asking for a SQL view user to see it in design view, this is a security measure.

Back