using H-sphere login username/password

Emagine

Perch
Staff member
hi guys and jodohost,

first question to jodohost, are we allowed to authinticate our clients Usernamea and password via API?

i ask as we have decided not to allow passworded archives on our plans unless they submit a record with the path to the archive, clients CP username and password for the archive.

at present they have to submit a ticket or email at a specified address.

our aim is that they can login (authinticate the Username and password (will be added to the database (only Username will not password for security reasons).

then if correct set a cookie with an ID that will link to the account within my custom application.

once authinticated the user will be able to add,edit and delete their submitted archives details..

i was wondering how easiy it is to check the Username and password and if correct set a Cookie ID value (note i have security in mind). i know how to set cookies etc of course. but its mainly the checking

excuse the spelling but its all been pushed out with the coding lol.

hope someone can help.

Are you talking about logging in users of Jodohost to their CP through a remote site, or about how to authenticate a website user in ASP?

If you're talking about the 2nd, you do not need an API to do so, a Database that has the users info of course, but no APIs. With a database, all you would have to do is query the database and check if the Username and password that is submitted is the same as that of the database's record. ie: If strUsername = rsCommon("Username") Then ....

thanx for the reply.

we as a host aren't allowing passworded archives. unless they submit a ticket to us or send an email to a secified address (email).

then these details are submitted into our online database in E:magine center. (online admin center).

my aim is to allow clients to login to a User side that i'll make and add , edit and delete passworded archive entries... in turn making it quicker and less work for us.

my aim is to use H-sphere username and password for there login.

but as im not able to query the h-Sphere database becasuse of security reasons.. i need to use API to authinticate the username an d poassword entered. if correct i log them in.. into my own application.

storing the username for the ID for that user. so it will store the username with each record they have.

so i need the API to authinticate , a simple yes or no response would be enough from the API check.

the if Yes it loggs them in else says error.

this method eliminates having to make sure the archive database uses the same username and password.

which gives the clients something less to remember.

Back