Very Slow (mySQL Based) Sites

robert

Guppy
Hi,

All this week, I have noticed some of my mySQL sites being incredibly slow.

The sites themselves are on 64. 187. xxx.71 (sorry, dont know the server name) and the mySQL databases are hosted at 204 . 14. xxx. 61.

I, and users, have noticed the sites being really really slow at many times throughout the day, every day for the past four or five days. I have seen one of the sites time out when trying to establish a database connection in Wordpress. I have received an auto generated message from H-Sphere telling me that the server couldn't contact the database server (which was running SMC forum application).

I have used the iWebTool website speed checking service and have recorded page load times between 5 and 12 and 20 seconds, when it is under a second when performing normally.

I have reported this, in depth, in a support ticket but I just get told that the sites are fine when support checks. But this is meaningless because the problems I am describing are intermittent. Continally telling me it works when you try it and ignoring all the evidence I am providing to show that it is regularly having seriously slow periods is becoming really frustrating.

Until this week, I have had no problems with the server performance and this week I am seeing problems with performance every day. I am taking the time to detail what's happening and it's just being ignored because the site happens to work ok when Support try it.

So I am left wondering, is there a problem which someone should be investigating, or are incredibly slow page loads and database time outs just the norm now and something I'm expected to ignore just because it works ok when Support load it?

Could someone please escalate and look into ticket RS #FMU-76774-155, or confirm that page loads of over 10 seconds for reasonably straightforward Wordpress installs are ok and to be expected from these servers?

Thanks

Rob

Thank you for the quick reply, Stephen. If I need to do anything to help or can provide any additional info, please let me know.

Hi,

As per your request we have started the Server Monitoring , we will monitor the server for the next 24 hrs in each shift continously to find the root cause .

I have already put your ticket RS #FMU-76774-155 on hold and update you in the ticket about the result.

Thanks,
Mohit Sharma

I've disabled an abusive user on this DB server. Let us know how it goes from here.

Back