virtual directory

ali

Guppy
Hi. I need to setup a virtual directory so all the domains im my account can reach. Actually I need only the master and subdomains of specific domain to reach that folder.

The reason is the image upload procedure uploads the images to the \images folder under subdomain let it be called admin.mydomain.com. Normally in IIS I setup virtual directory to point this directory and lets name it "image-folder"

At my main site (www.mydomain.com) I want to reach images by calling http://www.mydomain.com/image-folder/ as if this folder is under this domain.

I just couldn't find the screen to set up this, if any.

Thanks in advance for help.

hsphere control panel.

I've opened a trial windows shared hosting. If I can make my site work here without problems I would like to continue.

ok with Hpshere, you will not be able to access a subdomain images folder as a domain images folder.

This is due to the way Hpshere treats subdomains as its own domain, and their security setup does not allow for this to happen.

Is it also why I see my subdomain which is supposed to be admin.mydomain.com as www.admin.mydomain.com , with a "www" addition at the beginning, which I don't want?

If I can't do it with hspere, is it possible to use another control panel which allows me to set up virtual directory to access folders in another subdomain?

Hsphere treats a subdomain exactly as it does a domain, which has benefits and downsides as well. Benefits being a true separation of settings and configs(security app pool, asp.net verisons etc), downsides being access across them will not work.

We offer WinVPS servers which will allow this, but I am not even sure if plesk which is optional there will allow for it, it does not treat a subdomain as a new domain like Hsphere does, but it has a very odd setup and not positive if it will allow cross domain access.
However a raw WinVPS you could do this via a manual IIS configuration.

thanks a lot for the detailed and fast reply. I'll try to overcome this issue by changing code since I have only one such virtual directory.

Back