Was MSSQL2 down for a bit?

I wasn't able to connect via http for awhile. However, I was able to reach it via Enterprise Manager during that time.

I just want to be sure that it wasn't on my end.

No, MSSQL2 wasn't down and I am not aware of any problem with it. Our monitoring software indicates no downtime either.

What was the error you received? Normally when an MS SQL server goes down, we have, 10 tickets within a few minutes asking about it. I see no ticket regarding MSSQL2 today.

There was not an error. It would just hang indefinatly. I could access via EM, but the web application was hanging. It could have been a problem with ASP I suppose. I restarted my pc and tried but had the same result.

Then I was writing a ticket and I checked one more time before I submitted and it was working.

This lasted about an hour.

Also, when it did start working, I went back to check EM and it stated that MSSQL2 "did not seem to be online." I was able to connect via EM successfully.

could you get a traceroute when this happens? It can help us identify problems better, you can send it in a ticket and it ismost helpful.

Back