Web 12 Trouble

Web 12 has failed once again. As far as I know, that is five times in eight days. I have contacted support each time, by the way.

As as reseller, I am getting a lot of negative feedback from my clients hosted on web 12.

Are there plans to replace web 12 since the problem can't seem to be repaired?

We are going to perform some maintenance on it. We may change some hardware too. we will send announcement soon.

Will you also add web12 to jodopulse. It's not listed there now. I haven't checked the other servers but with a few new ones added lately, it would be nice if you could make sure they're all listed there.

Thanks,
Tim

Will you also add web12 to jodopulse. It's not listed there now. I haven't checked the other servers but with a few new ones added lately, it would be nice if you could make sure they're all listed there.

Thanks,
Tim

due to some issues it is not possible at the moment to make these public (its a license/upgrade issue, and the server it is on won't take the upgrade needed due to hardware limits)

I have been working on a new one for some time now, but not ready to change over the DNS just yet for it :)

The server it is running off of it not hardware owned by us, so we can't just throw in some RAM/CPU/HD to upgrade it like needed. We are working on it however

There was indeed couple of issues on web12 in last 48 hours.
1. There is a bug in the way Hsphere handles SSL certifications. Also, apache doesn't reports if incorrect SSL CA certificate is in place. Instead the whole webserver crashes without any slightest of indication towards the real issue. Due to this, there was many hours of downtime.
Current solution - We have disabled the incorrect config from loading.
Permanent solution - We will file a bug report with Psoft, so incorrect certificate is not posted in first place.

2. A client website suddenly attracted a lot of connections and it took us some time to get our configurations changed to suit needs of his site, while not bothering other users on the server. It is locked now
Solution - Server configuration modified to suit such spikes. Client's site configuration is locked down from causing major spike now onwards.

Back