Web Wiz Forum - Please Help

Hello,

I am trying to install the Web Wiz Forum and having trouble. I have set up the database on a window server and the path is still now working. I am having trouble getting the <SQL_server_connection.asp> page to work.

I am new to windows, can someone please maybe show me a example how I would code this portain below of the page and explain what I may be doing wrong in H-sphere. I used a MsSQL database.

Dim strSQLServerName 'Holds the name of the SQL Server
Dim strSQLDBUserName 'Holds the user name (for SQL Server Authentication)
Dim strSQLDBPassword 'Holds the password (for SQL Server Authentication)
Dim strSQLDBName 'Holds name of a database on the server

'------------- The Driver Below is if you are using SQL Server (Do Not Use Unless you know and have an SQL Server) ---------------------------

'Enter the details of your SQL server below
strSQLServerName = "" 'Holds the name of the SQL Server
strSQLDBUserName = "" 'Holds the user name (for SQL Server Authentication)
strSQLDBPassword = "" 'Holds the password (for SQL Server Authentication)
strSQLDBName = "" 'Holds name of a database on the server

Assuming you have created an MSSQL database, go to H-Sphere and click on the MSSQL icon under "Databases".

The name of the SQL server is listed under the top heading, "MS SQL", and is called "host name". It will look like this: mssql1.jodoshared.com (the number after "mssql" may be different).

The user name will be listed under the heading, "MS SQL server access logins". It is made up of a truncated part of your domain name with an underscore and the login you created. It will look like this: yourdom_username

The password is not listed so you'll have to remember what password you created.

The database name is listed under the heading, "MS SQL databases", and looks similar to user name: yourdom_dbname

'Enter the details of your SQL server below
strSQLServerName = "mssql1.jodoshared.com" 'Holds the name of the SQL Server
strSQLDBUserName = "yourdom_username" 'Holds the user name (for SQL Server Authentication)
strSQLDBPassword = "yourpassword" 'Holds the password (for SQL Server Authentication)
strSQLDBName = "yourdom_dbname" 'Holds name of a database on the server

Hope this helps. :)

Jim

The permission to execute these stored procedures can be giving by yourself with EM. Jodohost doesn't really have to be involved.

Either way I guess you'll still get it working.

What is EM?? How can I set the premissions myself??

I had to get JodoHost involved, as soon as they fixed the presmissions the /login_user.asp page loaded without the error.

Why is this, can someone explain from JodoHost in case a client ask me, why the presmissions isn't already set to work. Alot of peopel use the Web Wiz Forum as other scripts on a window server.

WebD,

The reason it is not set that way from the start is that th user is not DBO, it is not something that hsphere sets.

Back