Web11 Slow

I have a few sites on web11 that are going VERY slow. One in particular fails to load at all from several locations. From my understanding, the database server is in Waco, but the web server is still in Florida.

The domain with issues is http://www.ellisonfinejewelry.com

I have since changed the site to point to a different server while you guys figure it out so at least the site will be up.

Can you please let me know when this site will be available on the JodoHost servers?

The alternate URL for the jodohost version is http://d11771344.p119.tcgwebhost.com

In the same boat.

Took awhile, but finally figured out my problem is the same as yours.

To clarify for the other users......MySql Database is on one server, while the actual website that uses it is on another server.

When they're in the same data center, they can communicate rapidly...

But what they did is move the MySql server to Waco, while the actual website is still in Fla......NOW you have a tremendous slowdown while they talk to each other.

It's like our husbands have traveled ahead of us and we're wives who are waiting for him to send for us, so we can be one happy family again.....and that is taking days if not weeks. Meanwhile our sites are FUBAR.

Now the migration was actually like producing a clone of the server in Waco....while the original server was in Fla.......

To solve MY problem, I had the bright idea to use the actual IP of the original MySql server in Fla, where my website still is.

Unfortunately, that server has already been killed...........so now I'm forced to wait until my website server rejoins the MySql server.

I'd say there was some very poor planning for this migration...

If the MySql Servers were still in the same cluster as the Websites, we could temporarily hard code the IP in the connection string until both servers were in the same place............z

Well.............it's been more than 48 hours...........web11 is not on the status page either.........so kindly tell us what the status is.........my sites have been down for a WEEK now.............z

My sites have also been dragging for more than a week. I just don't understand how this could have happened. Was this the actual plan? Please update us on when we can expect this to be resolved.

Jim

web11 is going to move in next 48 hours.

Chris, do you have any ticket in?

You sure you didn't mean 84 hours.........or maybe left off a 1: 148 hours..........cause guess what........it's been OVER A WEEK now with my sites DOWN..............z

You sure you didn't mean 84 hours.........or maybe left off a 1: 148 hours..........cause guess what........it's been OVER A WEEK now with my sites DOWN..............z
Sites are not down on web11, but the server is again syncing to TX datacenter. We've had some other behind the scene issues to come up that we are resolving as well.

My sites have also been dragging for more than a week. I just don't understand how this could have happened. Was this the actual plan? Please update us on when we can expect this to be resolved.

Jim

Which DB server you site uses?

Well.............it's been more than 48 hours...........web11 is not on the status page either.........so kindly tell us what the status is.........my sites have been down for a WEEK now.............z

There should be no site down, yes slow, but not completely down.
Is there a ticket where I can see info on why it is completely down?

Meanwhile web11 is all synced up and ready in Waco, only IP migration needs to be done. It will be done in next migration Window that is tonight.

Which DB server you site uses?

My DB is mysql7 (173.0.129.23)

I have tickets out on this. More than one because I was left hanging, either put on hold or else marked as resolved. It started out because of a time-stamp discrepancy:

ENQ-94714-910
CHK-70547-697
MPX-57441-465
DJU-15035-484

There should be no site down, yes slow, but not completely down.
Is there a ticket where I can see info on why it is completely down?

Meanwhile web11 is all synced up and ready in Waco, only IP migration needs to be done. It will be done in next migration Window that is tonight.

You are correct that it is not down but slow ... but the effect on some visitors would make that distinction meaningless.

Thanks, Jim

Back