Webalizer - arrrrggghhh!

Webalizer stats for at least one client domain are so screwed up right now it's not even funny. Client has been averaging ~500-600 unique visitors a day for the past 4 years (on JH servers), then since the Paralles upgrade, it will be 685 visitors one day and drop to 85 the next back to 563 and down to 58. There are even days sprinkled in there that display ZERO traffic on random days (3x in May and 5x in April). Does this mean the server was actually down for an entire day and then suddenly went back online the next day and attraced shoots up to 675 visitors the next day?

The problem with the stats now is that everything is based on averages and when even a single day comes back with ZERO visits, it screws up the entire months average. We are working very hard on SEO and Google Ad Words campaigns and our inability to accurately track the # of visitors and where they are coming from is causing a great deal of frustration (both sides) and is making us look very unprofessional.

We've submitted so many tickets already - here is the last one RS #HKP-70696-422 (for your internal reference). We haven't had time to check other client domains but if they are as whacked out as they are on Win18, we'll probably be losing a few more clients soon.

Is anyone else feeling the same pains?

I am sorry for the continued problems with this. At this point I have basically no faith parallels will ever had stats fixed, because the fact is, it was working fine BEFORE parallels touched it.

See this topic as well:
http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=16761

I hate having to say bad things about any company, but parallels and stats just don't work :( It compounds the issue when the company you have to speak bad of makes you look bad in a matter as well.

Personally I use Funnel Web Analyzer, download the logs via the profile and analyze them locally, so much more information, better information, and it looks better than Webalizer or AWStats. Also in addition to this most use the google analytics at the moment.
We are working on a solution as a company for visit tracking, but it is not log analysis it is more like the google tool.

Opps, I missed Sailor & Snooper's post regarding the same issue. We will investigate "Funnel Web Analyzer" and see how that goes. It seems like it will require additional (non-billlable) time to track stats.

Does Google Analytics code (snippet) have to be placed on every webpage? If so, that will require a great deal of time because the site is ~510 pages.

Quick update - Ashwani was able to miraculously get my clients stats re-synced. Fine job sir! Thank you kindly.

Back