Website pain - need help

Hiyas...

I've got this website: http://www.soonerbandb.com

At 1024x768 it looks okay in IE, Netscape, Mozilla, Opera & Firefox.
At 1280x1024 something gets skewed at the top for all the browsers except Opera (which still looks okay); can someone's keen eye tell me what's going screwy?

None of the other pages are ready for viewing yet; I'm just trying to fix this one area right now.

Thanks,
Shannon

Make it fixed width and solve a number of your issues. Resizing sites look horrid for those of us on a widescreen monitor if browser is maximized.

schooner said:
Make it fixed width and solve a number of your issues. Resizing sites look horrid for those of us on a widescreen monitor if browser is maximized.

Yeah - that's why I'm trying to fix it :)

Unfortunately, my customer wants it resizable. If I can't fix it - I'll just set it up for 1024x768 (it was originally set up for 800x600).

I used fix width alot. I believe "779" width will even fit 800X600 and cause no scroll bar on bottom, if you use this code in the body tag.

topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0"

I use 100% widths sometimes if clients request it, but sometimes it is alot of trouble with coding the pages, with the different browerse resolutions being used, so I use fix widths more if I can. There are still a few people using 800X600 so I always design with everyone in mind.

Cool, Yep nested tables can cause some wierd things sometimes if not done correctly, I still have trouble doing them sometimes... :p

You still have a big scroll on my browser at the bottom...

Some pages still seem to have issues.

Not to be critical of the overall design but it looks like a site from 10 years ago. Also the button text is pixelated and there is also a lot of dithering on the home and email buttons.
Spacing of the text by the menu needs to be more as well as it is too tight.

Just being honest :-\ If someone present me that site as final work I would not be a happy client.

I have to agree with Schooner.

You should clean things up, get the page centered for all browsers also, right now you don't have all pages consitent on the main layout, some pages are shifted differently.

I would also put the heading on top as start of the layout, maybe also make the text smaller and consisent through out the site.

Are are handwriting this or using a WYSIWYG editor??

Back