Websites and databases backups

Cosinus

Perch
Hello,

I knew this info when I signed up, but that was a long time ago :) and I can't recall it.

I have customers both on Linux and Windows servers, with both MySql and MsSql databases. Does Jodohost make backups of dabases and sites? If yes, how long are these backup available for recovery?

Best regards.

WE do take backups, we consider them to be disaster recovery backups, not long term archival backups, so we do 7 days. Sometimes we will have further back if you need you can ask us to look for older. However, there is no guarantee we will have them older. We do take mail backups, but they are not available for domain or account level restores.

Thank you, Stephen. So, hypothetically, if I have a customer who accidentally deletes his entire website and database then Jodohost is capable to restore them seven days after. That's what I wanted to know. Hopefully it will be never the case :)

Thank you, Stephen. So, hypothetically, if I have a customer who accidentally deletes his entire website and database then Jodohost is capable to restore them seven days after. That's what I wanted to know. Hopefully it will be never the case :)
Yes, however it is VERY important to know the server it was on, because we can't look it up once it is deleted if that happened, and we have too many servers to check every backup without charging a service fee to do so.

Back