Weird caching issues?

Anybody else recently experiencing any caching issues when updating their websites? More specifically, ASP sites?

I have been updating some pages but have not seen the changes appear when viewing these updated pages using my browser.

I haven't experienced this problem before with Jodohost. But it's happened to 2 different sites today.

Aaron

WebDeveloper said:
I have been updating some pages but have not seen the changes appear when viewing these updated pages using my browser..

The only time I had that problem was when the settings in IE switched once to not check for a new page every time I start the browser.

jimsau said:
The only time I had that problem was when the settings in IE switched once to not check for a new page every time I start the browser.

My browser (IE6 on WinXP) is set to Automatically...

These are dynamic ASP pages that do not reflect any changes I make... even adding an "x" to the body somewhere does not show up when viewed from my browser. Even if I make a script change, it's not reflected. This leads me to believe there is some caching going on with my site(s).

If anyone reading this has a site on Win6, make a change to an existing .asp page, then pull the page up in your browser to see if the change is reflected.

Did you check what headers the server returns?
Are you using Response.Expires = 0 or similar to prevent caching?

By default, ASP pages are cached. The only cache related header is Cache-control: private.

It's not a script issue, it's a server issue...

The changes to my pages have been reflected. It seems to be working now, maybe the caching interval restarted?

A few things you should check:

1) Run ipconfig /flushdns . If your site is resolving to an old IP, this should correct it.

2) Is your site resolving to the same location that you are FTPing? Replace the FTP host name with your domain name

3) Are you refreshing properly? Use Crtl + F5

i've had similar things on some sites (one on win2 and one on 4) that had similar things going.

when writing into support, it suddenly got corrected, and support wrote "loads fine here, try again, and let us kow...".

Mine are on win6. I agree asp should load new but try changing the browser settings to each page visit long enough to test.

I was updating a site last night on win6 and refreshing with the proper results. It might be server related and your site specific but mine works okay.

All changes to my site files are immediately viewable from my browser, but this was not the case yesterday.

I'm sure this is a server/network issue related to Jodohost and/or their provider but since it's affects are minimal and occurences rare, I'll just put it behind me and hope it doesn't repeat too frequently.

Back