What do I need to do to offer DotNetNuke to my customers?

One thing looking at the error, is that you are using a directory other than your root directory (dnn.).
Make sure that directory ALSO has ASP.NET 2.0 set up. Looking at the error, I don't think that is the issue, but it would not surprise me.

I made sure 2.0 was set for the subdomain, and I have moved past the first error, now I am on to db script installation errors... grrr, I remember when my php cms sites were giving me this trouble before I understood them too.

Did you submit a ticket for DBO permissions on the SQL DB?
Can Stephen or someone from Jodo confirm that? from here, it appears to be an error with the DB connection.
Otherwise, can you paste your snippet (minus passwords) from your web.config which includes the connections strings (same as we posted above)?

I gave up manually configuring the web.config and am trying to go through the wizard, I can get to the point where it wants to run database scripts and I have gotten mixed errors: mentioned above as well as Timeouts, etc.

This is frustrating.

hmmm... it does seem frustrating. Without looking at your DB and web.config, it is hard to say, but here is what I would pursue:
1: Jodohost ticket. Let them know you don't think permissions are set right for DB. They will at least doublecheck the DBO permissions. Sometimes they can see errors internally as well...
2: Subfolder. It has been a while since I created a DNN instance inside a subfolder. Hshpere is weird with aliases and stuff. This has caused problems in the past.
3: DotNetNuke forum dotnetnuke.com, then Forums.

The reality is, clean DNN installs typically go without a hitch (95%). the remaining 5% are normally a DB permission error.

If you want to contact me off this board, you can at tim AT trustedts DOT com.
Good luck!
Tim

hmmm... it does seem frustrating. Without looking at your DB and web.config, it is hard to say, but here is what I would pursue:
1: Jodohost ticket. Let them know you don't think permissions are set right for DB. They will at least doublecheck the DBO permissions. Sometimes they can see errors internally as well...
2: Subfolder. It has been a while since I created a DNN instance inside a subfolder. Hshpere is weird with aliases and stuff. This has caused problems in the past.
3: DotNetNuke forum dotnetnuke.com, then Forums.

The reality is, clean DNN installs typically go without a hitch (95%). the remaining 5% are normally a DB permission error.

If you want to contact me off this board, you can at tim AT trustedts DOT com.
Good luck!
Tim
1-3 is perfect.
I dont recommend putting in a subfolder

You made a comment about 4.4.0 being installed. Let me explain that one.

When DNN installs, it installs a base version, then upgrades it. So, it would install, perhaps, 4.0.0, then upgrade that all the way to 4.7.0.
Also, the DB version# is slightly different if I remeber correctly.

I did look on the dotnetnuke forums, and it appears that the error you have is somewhat common with DB connections that aren't quite right. From what I see, the best bet is to delete your DB, then recreate it. The install process will start over from scratch.

Tim

Back