What support provided for VisStudio express edition developers

We are planning to develop a number of sites using Visual C# Studio Express Edition. We are currently assessing the product. The product includes the MSQL Express Edition server. As I understand it you do not support this database. What is the recommended strategy for sites developed over this Express edition. Can we simply re-create the schema in SQL and upload the data with your Enterprise manager product. If not, what is the recommended strategy.

In addition, we want to create about atleast 3 forums. I have read in your support knowledge base that a forum product is included, pre-installed, but no such product appears on the Windows Hosting Packages page?

hello,

We are planning to develop a number of sites using Visual C# Studio Express Edition. We are currently assessing the product. The product includes the MSQL Express Edition server. As I understand it you do not support this database. What is the recommended strategy for sites developed over this Express edition. Can we simply re-create the schema in SQL and upload the data with your Enterprise manager product. If not, what is the recommended strategy.

> You are correct we do NOT support MSSQL 2005 Express Edition, and have no plans to ever do so.
I need to check more on using express edition on MSSQL 2005 or MSSQL 2000 servers. I only have Visual Studio 2005, not the express, so I have no first hand experience with the Express product.

In addition, we want to create about atleast 3 forums. I have read in your support knowledge base that a forum product is included, pre-installed, but no such product appears on the Windows Hosting Packages page?

> This is just phpBB, and I do not recommend using phpBB. You are free to install and forum package you woud like, since it sounds like you do Windows development I woudl recommend something based on ASP or ASP.NET

Here are two .net forums that you may find useful:
http://www.yetanotherforum.net/
http://www.dmgforums.com/

Back