When are you moving to the new data center

Here's an update. Let's keep all datacenter shift discussion here

Our servers are currently in the first part of the Sync process
Since there is a huge amount data on our servers, it takes 36 - 40 hours just to get the first sync moved. Then it has to be tested, ips assigned and then the final sync.

I'm not going to commit to a specific time because if something goes wrong or takes longer then all our customers will bombard us with emails wondering when it will be done. I made a mistake by announcing it earlier. Once the first sync is done. We will be able to provide a more accurate timetable. It has been running again since this morning.
The first sync failed on Saturday so changes were made Sunday and now are being done. You will know as soon as we are ready to commit on a completion. We'd be making an email announcement as well as officially posting it on the forum.

Those customers who are currently getting bounced back emails due to our IPs being black listed are requested to use an online email service like Hotmail in the mean time. Once the shift is over, this problem should be permanently solved and we have taken measures to ensure our IPs are never blacklisted again. Customers who can't create SQL Server logins are requested to submit a ticket and we could recreate their account if its most urgent. If not, this problem would be solved once the shift is over.

Well, this looks like its gonna take longer than expected. Thought it would be finished on Sunday. Anyway, I'm glad that JodoHost is doing something about the blacklisted IP problem and it will be solved. Most companies wouldn't even inform their customers let alone dealing with it.

Also, I'm impressed by your transfer procedure. What sort of downtime can we expect?

The whole point of this complex move routine is to avoid downtime and that is what we are aiming for. No downtime in our February shift and hopefully no downtime in this shift as well

Back