When did Jodohost switch to 24/7 support???

yorri

Perch
I understood that support was only during certain hours. I am not complaining about the support but I noticed that it says 24/7 support on the home page now. When did this change?

Last week. We are supporting customers on a 24x7 basis now
Give us by the end of february, response times with us will have improved even more

Yash said:
Give us by the end of february, response times with us will have improved even more
----

Yash, are you having any problems with the "win2" server?...My site keeps returning "server not found"...The URL is: www.swampfox.us and the IP is: 66.36.251.216 ...I think is must be a DNS problem because I can ping the IP and if I just use the IP for the URL, the site comes up...Any clues?.... ?(

hmmm.. Its working now and there shouldn't have been any problem with the DNS records. We checked them out and they are perfect.

Thanks for all the input...I'm not sure what happened, the site just did not come up using the DNS name...It did however; using the IP?...I don't know the answer, but at least it's working now... :)

Yash said:

Well, your response times seem the same even with 24x7 support you provide. Sometimes I get a reply in 30 minutes and sometimes it can take 6 hours. By the end of february can I expect more consistency in response times?

We are handling support 24 hours a day now but the problem is that our ticket load is pretty heavy and our administrators (who primarily do our support) also have heavy schedules and to-do lists. We have a request for horde add-ons still open because our unix administrator hasn't finished his share of tasks.

We have no problem in hiring more people. We have hired and fired many people. The problem we are having is finding the right people. We offer pretty high Indian salaries and we get 1000 + resumes for a single position. But going through them, interviewing, etc. takes weeks. And even after all that, you might not find the right person you are looking for.

We are expanding our staff and hopefully we should induct one new administrator by the 31st. I just had a talk with this one and he has some good experience with IIS, MSSQL & Orcale. We didn't find him in the resumes we got. We had to basically grab him from another indian hosting company by making him a higher offer... it's that difficult

And even once we induct someone he takes a good one week to learn the system and adjust. So what I'm hoping that by Feb 10, we should bring down problem resolution time to between 30 to 120 minutes.

Hi Yash

I understand the recruitment problems you are facing. But you really need to be on your toes with this because poor response times can hurt your current image of a company with fantastic customer support

Another issue I hope you took care of (one I emailed you about) was rudeness by one of your administrator. Although you appologized, I hope you talked to that administrator.

Another thing is that sometimes your people fail to grasp simple problems which leads to time being wasted. Something you should address

It's pretty easy to see that you are growing pretty quickly but have not moved quickly enough to take care of the additional load. That can be illustrated when you had to shut down signups for 3 or 4 weeks about 1 or 2 months back.

Well regarding growth, it's hard to predict when we need more people. We felt the need for more people 2 or 3 weeks ago. I think we have been able to find someone pretty quickly. As I said, he'll join us on the 31st. We'll continue to hire more people over the next few months.

As far as the rudeness goes, they are pretty rare. The administrator didn't intend to be rude in your case. We are hiring administrators to do support. Although they are highly qualified, they don't have a whole lot of experience in dealing with customers (until they join us).
As always, if anyone has some issue with an administrator, just email me or Atul (who takes rudeness very seriously) with the ticket ID in concern.

I agree that sometimes our administrators have difficulties in grasping problems. That is mainly because they have tight schedules and they have to resolve issues ASAP and get on with other work. Right now we get a ticket every 2 to 5 minutes. I believe that with the new people we are hiring, the level of stress and work load should get reduced significatly. That in turn would lead to better responses and solutions.

Back