why asp.net version is changing?

ivanrk

Perch
Hello,

Several times asp.net version for my client's sites was changed to asp.net 1.1 in Hsphere instead of asp.net 2. Me or my clients did not changed this - why this happens. I opened a ticket and Jodo tech support said that they did not changed anything but this obviously is not true. One of the posibilities is when you restore a server from backup Hsphere does not remember asp.net version.
This happened too many time to me and my clients and your tech support explanation does not make sense

No, restoring from backup doesn't change it either.

This is the first I have heard of .net versions changing with current versions, I will ask around a bit and see if others having this issue.

Also asp.net write persmissions were missing - i mean they were setup once and now asp.net code have only read permissions

That could happen sometimes, permissions....if the .net version is changed. But we dont go I changing .net versions on hpshere, in fact most of the time the techs change it on the server side, not hpshere, as we can set app pools and all properly.

Today again i was contacted by client and when i checked their asp.net version was changed to asp.net 1.1 - me or client had not even logged into this account for months - the site is on win28 on cluster 1

PM me a domain name I will check logs if it happened in the last 3 days should be able to run down a little bit of info on it.

Back