Why can't I subscribe to the network and outages forum?

Dave96

Perch
Hi,

As a reseller I need to be aware of such network and outages going on to be able to announce them to my own client in time. I can't manage to subscribe to the forum even thought I selected "subscribe to this forum".

Is there any way that resellers can be alerted of such issues? Maybe a mass mailing to everyone?

Sometimes we post too much for mass mailings to be effective, many times people just ignore our mass mailings already, and when we send them now they are very important.

I for one would like to be able to subscribe as well.

If a client complains about his site being down, we'd know it was due to a server restart, or for example CP maintenance or whatever.

Knowing that the server will be offline before the client complains about it is important. And not everyone checks the forums regularly.

I agree - - to be forwarned is essential in maintaining credibility with clients. When they call up about a site/mail being down a muttered er ...... I'll get back to you, doesn't cut the mustard really.

In fact subscription to any part of the forums would be good - not just individual threads. The extra load on the server would be minimal against the goodwill generated.

Ok odd, it won't let me subscribe either, I agree that is the best option, I will see why it will not allow subscriptions.

Suscriptions are not denied in the forum, I am investigating further to see if we can find what is causing this.

It works for seperate threads but not for a whole forum. If you get support for Jelsoft you might want to ask them.

Back