Will VPS solve my problem

soon

Guppy
I have just sign up for a new site monitoring service and since then notice that all my sites(asp pages only, html seems OK) will be down at leat once a day. I am using the reseller windows plan and my sites are in ASP. Recently the error is 'out of memory' and mostly ERROR 500. I would like to know will it helps if I change plan to Windows VPS or Semi Dedicated?
Thank you

Error 500 is most likely some programming error, out of memory is due to (on asp.net mostly) abuse, and we work to fix it on more than a daily basis, if you see it you should submit a ticket, the fastest resolution for that is to move app pools, but the long term solution is to find who's site is using 100's of mb of ram causing it to happen.

so if i change to vps or semi dedicate i will have ram reserved for my use right ? meaning i do not have to share memory with other sites and have my site down because someone is using all the ram in a shared environment. i know you will change the app pool when i submit a ticket but i cannot keep monitoring the sites and submiting ticket to you.
thank you

yes you will have reserved ram

as for the site, you won't have to keep submitting if we move it to another pool really, just moving it once will likely fix, it would be great if you submit just an infromational ticket saying that your domain is having such errors, as we did not have reports fo it in some time, this would allow us to get on tracing it down :)

Back