Win server PHP version not high enough for Drupal 7

antic

Perch
A client of mine is trying to install Drupal 7, which requires PHP 5.2.5 (released Nov 2007), but it seems I cannot create a Windows account which has a PHP version above 5.2.17!
blink.gif
This is true for win38, win34m win33, win31. The latest PHP version is 5.5.2.. why have the servers not been updated?

Is it possible to support Drupal 7? All it needs is an old 2007 version of PHP.
rolleyes.gif

(p.s. I miss the old discussion forum.. this one isn't as much fun!
coffee_pc.gif
)

We try to update H-sphere on existing wondows2003 server but it create more big issue for us. so we decide to migrate windows2003 to windows2008. And we are trying to do it.
Also we are moving users account to new server there they can use latest features which is offering by H-sphere (parallels).

Thanks Akshay. So is the version of PHP tied to the version of HSphere?

What is the schedule for migration to Win2008? Is there a time frame? :)

Antic,

Win38 should have the options of php 5.3 if I am not mistaken, so should all the other 2008 Servers.

However, I know for a fact win39 does :)

We can move you there, in fact its announced and sole purpose is for taking account moves from 2003 to 2008 on a per account basis.

The next full server to move is Win31 CL1, which we will be announcing shortly.

We worked out a lot of bugs with the HWWIN1 process and learned what is needed and not going forward!
Windows 2003 will be scaled to 2 servers or less as it is becoming the biggest problem we face daily now. Those that opt to stay with it will have to opt to do so, we really don't want anyone on 2003 at all.

Thanks Stephen, that's great. However you didn't address my concern about this forum not being as much fun.
poke.gif
Now I have to get all my smilies from other sites!
smiley_drawing.gif

Vbulletin is expensive and the updated version is horrible, have you actually seen it? Webhostingtalk still runs old version because new is so bad. Even the owners of vbulletin still run the old version on their own owned sites! check out flyertalk.com for example, old vulletin...they owna number of car forums as well, also not upgraded. Moving to Xenforo was a good choice in many ways, as vbulletin just wasn't worth the expense to renew for the new version.

Back