Win11 iis time out

Win11 is being very slow once again today, and I am logging in to check on it now.

We have IIS back to normal now but are still tracking the source of the problem.

We found the issue in that someone is sending out massive amounts of a 178KB newsletter, it does not look like spam, but it is beyond acceptable levels becasue of the sheer number of the mails in queue at 178KB in size, if a typical sized mail there would have never been any issue.

I am trying to remove thouands of these things, and the server had not quite quit responding, but it is VERY VERY slow.

Ok, I stopped that delete operation, and the server is back, it was responding so slow when it was deleting it was taking a long time for me to even issue the commands.

However, in that time it deleted 690MB of files as well, so at least something good came out of it.

I have got to get more of these deleted, so I am trying to minimize impact on the server by cycling on and off the deletes, 30 seconds on 30 off, etc.

I have over 1.5GB of mail removed from the queue now, and the server has been doing much better.

That 15 second period was me, I was just almost done, and tried to do too much, caught it immediate and it came right back.

I am finished for now, I will wait and do the final cleanup after 12 midnight EDT.

Back