win5/mssql1 problems anyone?

Logan

Perch
Is anyone having problems with their site on win5 or using mssql1? I'm getting the following error on my site:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server error '80004005'
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
/index.asp, line 266

Ticket ELS-18673-903 was submitted.

Needless to say my site was working before and no code changes have been made in many months.

Yes, I was having errors too...different ones...but same outcome = no connection.

It was just a little while...and then it was back a while ago.

I wonder how that happens...just for understanding sake, really.

The problem is with a database on the server causing a loop in the startup/backup/agent processes, I have identified the database and am working to resolve it now. Basically what is happening is when the anything tries hitting this database, it gives an error, but keeps trying to perform the operation on it, repeatedly, causing a loop that makes SQL stop responding for all databases. Now that the database has been found, we will either get it fixed, or be forced to take it offline.

Stephen said:
The problem is with a database on the server causing a loop in the startup/backup/agent processes, I have identified the database and am working to resolve it now. Basically what is happening is when the anything tries hitting this database, it gives an error, but keeps trying to perform the operation on it, repeatedly, causing a loop that makes SQL stop responding for all databases. Now that the database has been found, we will either get it fixed, or be forced to take it offline.

Is it ours?
Are you gonna get in touch with the owner?

Anyway, thanks for the resolution...and the response from Yogesh.

No, it is not yours, it is a DotNetNuke site that had a tiny database, the error has been corrected now.

I am also looking to see if any others are causing a problem, since I saw a series of 6 databases in startup mode after the last backup(a few hours ago, early this morning)

Back