win5 problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

Perch
My site just stopped working, submitted ticket 37935 (through CP), server pings but site doesn't come up (server unavailable error or clocking). problem started at 6:00 PM EDT (was fine at 5:59 PM EDT).

EDIT: Tried live chat but no one home :-(

lol. I guess Frances has returned? I just visited the server status page on jodohost.com and it has a message:

Dear Customers

Due to Hurricane Frances, we have experienced a temporary connectivity loss with our tier-1 providers. We are working to get things up

Best Regards
Customer Support

LegalAlien said:
Due to Hurricane Frances, we have experienced a temporary connectivity loss with our tier-1 providers. We are working to get things up

I wonder how CNN missed that news :)

Win5's hard disk is a perpetual problem. Thought we had resolved the problem last time with a full scan-disk

I'm sorry for the delay in getting the server up. We were playing it very safe.

a full system scan is going to be done starting at 12am. Should take about 5 hours and will be done on a live server

Should correct any issue. We have a full hard disk backup of Win5 anyway so there is no need to worry.

Yash said:
Win5's hard disk is a perpetual problem. Thought we had resolved the problem last time with a full scan-disk

I'm sorry for the delay in getting the server up. We were playing it very safe.

So 31 days * 24 hours = 744 hours this month

1 hour down time = 99.87% uptime

That's a 5% credit right?

hmmm, what do you guys think is causing this issue?

Funny, I have sites on your other servers including Win6. I have not heard a peep about win6 for sometime now...

Not sure what's causing Win5's hard disk problems

Win5 has had no other problems, not even an IIS crash. We'll find out whats wrong with Win5's HD tonight.

Not been a good week for us :(

Logan said:
1 hour down time = 99.87% uptime

That's a 5% credit right?

I have to say that is it great to see a company stand behind its policies.

I should probably be also happy with 99.87% uptime. That isn't very bad (I or we also experienced downtime with the mysql connection but I don't know how long that lastest. I haven't had the time to monitor my sites this month for downtime.)

I'm more concerned with how problems are handled with rather than the frequency (provided it doesn't cause hours upon hours of downtime, then I would be worried) I can also deal with non-essential services (like this forum) not working 100% as I am happy they are here for us. I haven't experienced the problems with the ticketing system because I have only had one problem to report in the past couple months (maybe longer - isn't it good that I can't remember lol) - it was handled very quickly although I hated the response (fixed, please check now...GRRRR) but Yash responded personally as to what they problem was and restored my happiness...even though some of my applications didn't work....WAIT why should have be happy? LOL

Well, I am not going to complain about this (Yash is probably falling off his chair :))

As I said 99%+ uptime is better than previous experiences and handled quickly so thanks. Just don't let it happen again :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back