Win5 slow?

Nathan

Perch
Since last night, my site seems very slow. My forum members have also noticed and reported it. I use an SQL database and wonder if that is causing any delay problems.

Anyone else noticing anything?

Nathan

www.agni.gr

yeah am experiencing slowness on one of my sites

but when i check others (also on Win5) they seem fine...

you mentioned SQL

which are you on? MS-SQL? if so are you on MSSQL1?

as i am and if you are it may be the MSSQL server

i may have been the result of this.:tongue:

im working on stored procedures, and i think i may have set an unlimited loop, when it shouldn't have.

you can see the thing i was trying in the Microsoft forum (jodo forum) or in the database section oif WWF

any help with it be greatful.

sorry about it if it was me, yes its MSSQL1

My monitoring logs show a definate slowness between 2 AM and 5 AM EST. However, everything seems fine since then. My site is also on win5 and uses mssql1.

AaronHoc said:
im working on stored procedures, and i think i may have set an unlimited loop, when it shouldn't have.

Please do report such things to us if you do accidently do such things so we can correct that

There was some heavy MSSQL1 activity last night that slowed down the server. We are monitoring it more closely now to prevent a repeat

will do,

i don't know if it did, as the code i was using is in the Microsoft foruim (here at jodohost) and the stored procedures i was trying to delete existed.

(have we sufficient permssions to delete Stored procedures via a query as used in my other topic?)

<--- edit-->

i don't think it was me, i was editing/try thing method untill about 12AM today (this morning ) GMT .. (about 7pm yesterday evening, and before i left i tried my main website using SQL server aswell and it was ok.

I have not used any stored procedures.
Is there an advantage in using them? Should I try to add my most used quieries?

Nathan

i think they are ment if you have lots of quries ,

like i have a Stored procedure that gets all the listings between xx and yy for my tv guide.

and these hgave a few factors to it, day, time, week, etc .. instead of writing lots of queries i can write a Stored procedure that have the same query for all channels but set values for sections like

@Day = 1 (is monday)

and that value is used in the Stored procedure.

and helps if i want to add another field to the query (bring in) as i can add it to the stored procedure and it works on all the places it sbought in.

also performace i think is a bit better (service releated idea)... they look very simular to a Access query, except you use @value/pointer is declaired.

Back