Win6(Cluster2) 15-20 minute maintenance starting at 12:01EST Thursday Aug 20

Stephen

US Operations
Staff member
We will be performing a maintenance on the metabase on win6 to resolve some issues with speed of page loads on win6.

Win6 was the first server deployed from the start on the new Hsphere version, and has some log settings made incorrectly for the server due to this, new servers deployed since then are corrected from the start, but we need to update the metabase for all domains to make the server have the proper configuration and improve the speed of logging, which will improve overall speed greatly.

We will be doing this shortly, and we can do it with minimal to no IIS downtime with the way I have scripted to do it. There may be a slowdown during the process but after that should be a significant improvement.

This has been done for about 30 minutes now, I forgot to update it, but I will be doing one iisreset in the next 10 minutes just to be 100% sure.

There was an issue with last nights plan that we realized after the fact, and it did not help with the logging, because well....we set it to go to a partition instead of another drive...feeling a little light headed with that move.

So I need to stop IIS for about 3 minutes now, and make this proper!

Now maintenance is completed after 2 iisresets and not just one as Stephen posted in previous post.

Back