Win6 is due for an upgrade!

Win6 has been running fairly slow as of recently and right now as well. What are the specs of the Win6 server? Any possibility of getting it upgraded anytime soon? IE Quad Xeon, 8GB RAM, SCSI HD, etc...

Win6 has an average response time of 400ms (page load) according to IPCheck. We see no slowness in response times on Win6. If this is a continual slowdown, please open a ticket with a traceroute. Maybe some packetloss could be responsible

BTW, running 8GB of RAM would require MS windows 2003 Enterprise, which costs plenty in and of itself. Even on SPLA costs.

Yash said:
Win6 is a dual XEON with 4GB of ram and SCSI hard drives. Its running extremely well. If you are having an issue with it, please open a ticket.

Here are live performance graphs: http://jodopulse.com:8090/Win6/panel.htm

I understand, those specs are not too shabby. I do see performance drop every now and again, probably due to bad coding.

I do have a question: Why the need for IIS restarts? Do you restart IIS on all Win servers?

<insert sarcasm>
Merry Christmas!
<end sarcasm>

I think you got what you wanted, maybe not the quad and 8GB, but you got some upgrade and OS upgrade as well.

Be careful what you wish for, it might result in some downtime, even if the end result is better :D

HAHA, but we could be unethical and say that the new server is a "quad" because windows says so(Hyperthreading).

Back