windows 2003 and issues in past

Ron

Perch
I just created an account which went to win7 which I believe is your new Windows 2003 server. Are you confident that the issues faced in late 2003, early 2004 will not reoccur. You had a serious of problems that forced you to downgrade to Win2000. Just wanted to be reassued

Thanks!

In january/february, Windows 2003 had a major bug in the Jet driver. That caused ASP sites using the jet driver to crash regularly and it affected alot of hosts.
Microsoft issued a hot-fix for this issue in July and we have that installed on our win2003 servers and hence we are confident of no issues.

HSauth and HTaccess, two hsphere modules we believe are also responsible for IIS crashes have been disabled from our win2003 servers

the biggest issue in Feb (for me at least) was that sessions were dropping out of the sky almost as soon as they had been established. forgive my ignorance, but does what you just said cover this issue too?

That issue (which stephen investigated) we believe was caused when we switched from IIS6 native mode to IIS5 mode. We had to do that for HSphere compatibility

Since now hsphere is fully compatible with win2003, we are running in native mode and have had no issues at all with asp or sessions

What Yash said is true. And it was in IIS6 mode that Jet hung sometimes causing IIS crashes as well, so it was a catch-22 situation where you can't really "win" either way.

The patch seems to be fixing the problems encountered before.

Yash,
I just want to clarify on this matter, do you meant all new client sign-up (Reseller Client) will go to Win2003 and not to Win2000.

Thanks...

Yes, all new customers will go to Win7 which is Windows 2003 and linux3 which is RedHat Enterprise 3.0

Back