Windows ASP Question: Registering DLL's to COM+

My windows based web site uses

1. ASP: VB Script and Java Script
2. COM+ DLL's registered to Component Server
3. SQL Stored procedures on SQL Server 2000
4. Pre-loaded reference data (e.g. Products etc)

Question 1: There is no set installation procedure, it is typically installed manually by a windows administrator...How would I achieve this using your hosting services??

Question 2: Do you allow any remote administration of the site (i.e. can I register my own dll's, can I run my own scripts on my database)??

Hi

1) No problem
2) we unfortunately do not install custom DLLs for our customers. they are a considerable security risk. We however have installed 20+ popular components which are listed on our Windows plan page. Our policy is stated here: http://support.jodohost.com/showthread.php?t=161
3) No problem. You'll have to request DBO permissions on your SQL user and after that you can create SPs without any issues
4) I am not sure what you are referring to here.

A1) Apart from asking for DBO permissions, everyhing else can be achieved via the CP
A2) there is a control panel that allows you to upload your scripts and configure your site. However, custom DLLs are not supported as I said

If you use ASP.NEt, we support code-behind and in that case you can have your custom dlls reside in your bin directory

Thanks for your prompt reply, with regards to your answer....

"4) I am not sure what you are referring to here. "

What I mean is that I want the ability to change (or load )product data by running a script thru SQL Query Analyzer (Transact-SQL)...does your control panel allow that???

geoffreyrdavis said:
Thanks for your prompt reply, with regards to your answer....

"4) I am not sure what you are referring to here. "

What I mean is that I want the ability to change (or load )product data by running a script thru SQL Query Analyzer (Transact-SQL)...does your control panel allow that???

Yes, we have an online SQL database management interface that would allow you to do this. You can also of course use Enterprise Manager from your PC

Back