Windows Password Protection

jt3k

Guppy
I've read the threads on password protecting directories on Windows accounts and am curious about a couple of things:

1.) What's the status for upgrading to HSphere 2.4 and/or WebShell 4? I've read in other posts that these will allow password protection without having to contact JodoHost.

2.) Once the upgrade(s) are complete, will password protecting sub-domains via HSphere 2.4 and/or WebShell 4 be possible?

We need to be able to setup password protected "staging areas" quickly and frequently for our clients. It'd be nice to be able to setup password protection without having to bug JodoHost tech support. Unfortunately, our site must remain hosted on a Windows server, so *nix is not an option.

Thanks,
- james

H-Sphere 2.4 is still in beta. I believe JodoHost was planning on starting to use it when it reaches RC or Final state.

2.4 also has some antivirus and spamassassin functionality, I hope JodoHost will be implementing that part as well, right now I'm fetching mail for some customers and dumping it back on the mailserver after scanning, not very efficient ;)

Good question jt3k. I was wondering aswell if it was possible after all to make directories password protected in the unix style (the popup dialog box which asks you for the password) in a windows environment?

Regards,
Niels

Back