Windows PHP

Kensino

Perch
I want to install vBulletin on my website, but I would rather have a Windows server and not a Linux server, because I need access to MySQL.

I asked Jelsoft about it and they said that some web hosts disable most of the features of PHP on Windows servers.

What features do you disable, and will vB run as good on your Windows servers as it will on your Linux servers? I've heard some people had problems running vBulletin on your Windows Shared.

I want to install vBulletin on my website, but I would rather have a Windows server and not a Linux server, because I need access to MySQL.

I asked Jelsoft about it and they said that some web hosts disable most of the features of PHP on Windows servers.

What features do you disable, and will vB run as good on your Windows servers as it will on your Linux servers? I've heard some people had problems running vBulletin on your Windows Shared.
We disable nothing and allow you to customize the PHP even, that being siad the performance on the windows side for vBulletin is very lacking. If you plan to have more than 10 people on at a time, I'd not recommend windows.

Why is performance lacking on Windows? Is this a vB issue or a JodoHost issue? Jelsoft tells me that vB works just fine on Windows.

I am using vB but my website is creating using .Net so I need to install on a Windows server, unless you have a Linux server that supports .Net 3.5

Back