WordPress "blank screen"

WordPress "blank screen" (PLZ DISREGARD)

One of my clients is having trouble with a fresh WordPress install on W28 server. mySQL db created, php5 enabled, but can't get anything to display - all that appears is a blank white page. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Re: WordPress "blank screen" (PLZ DISREGARD)

I've seen this happen when themes were not loading properly. I don't know much more than that on it :) I found this by turning on php notice, warnings etc.

Looking on google that time I remember this is a very common issue with WP.

I forwarded this to Jodo Support yesterday, but just in case anyone else comes across this issue, here's what I did to fix it:

1. modified the Directory Indexes in the CP with: index.php index.htm index.html

2. created a new db, username, password

3. uploaded a fresh copy of WordPress 3.1 and changed the config file with the new new db info

4. swapped out the ‘localhost’ with ‘'mysqlx.xyz.om’ in the WordPress ‘wp-config.php’ file

5. deleted a php.ini file that the client uploaded (not sure if this made a difference or not)

This was all done in order to get past the blank screen that was showing up on every page because none of the WordPress .php files would load.

I got it to the point where the client’s webmaster needs to complete the final installation via the wp-config screen. The WordPress installation screen is now visible and ready for them to customize.

I think I have a similar, if not the same, problem. Client installed WP, admin works fine, but as soon as they try to get to the site, they get the following error from the browser:

"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

I tried setting index.php in the Indexes CP, but no change.

I think I have a similar, if not the same, problem. Client installed WP, admin works fine, but as soon as they try to get to the site, they get the following error from the browser:

"Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

I tried setting index.php in the Indexes CP, but no change.
if on linux these may help:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/...r-is-redirecting-the-request-for-this-address

Back